Thursday, November 6, 2008

Crock Pot Chicken

Here is another great recipe from the Schmitz clan...Carrie's in-laws. Glenna has passed on some great recipes to Carrie and she has passed them on to me. Sorry no pics for this one, but trust me it is good...really good!

4 large chicken breasts
2 tbsp melted butter
salt and pepper
2 pkg. dry Italian dressing mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 block of cream cheese
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp minced onions

Brush chicken with butter, salt, and pepper. Place in crock pot. Sprinkle with dressing mix. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 hours. About 45 minutes before serving, brown onions and mix with cream cheese, soup, and water in saucepan. Cook until smooth (will still be kind of chunky), then pour over chicken and cook for 30 minutes more. Serve with egg noodles or rice ( i like egg noodles)

1 comment:

kanowfaminca said...

Hey! Thats my recipe! I only have a few so I have to claim them when I can :) I love this blog! Keep it goin!!!