Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Shredded Chicken Tacos


I got this recipe from my sister Carrie, who got it from her sister-in-law Carynn. I have made several of Carynn's recipes and they are always delicious. My family loves these tacos and they are SO easy to make. The pictures don't do them justice, trust me...they taste great and give a nice twist to the traditional shredded chicken taco.

3 boneless skinless chicken breats
1 bunch green onions
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 can green chilis
1 tsp. Cumin
Garlic Powder to taste
Salt, Pepper to taste

Boil chicken for 20 minutes or until no longer pink. Shred while still hot.
Brown green onions in a little oil, then add chicken and all other ingredients.

Serve in fried corn tortillas with a little cheese on top and I usually heat them in the microwave to melt the cheese for a few seconds. You can put lettuce and tomatoes, sour cream.. etc. but they are good with just cheese.

No comments: