Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yellow Chicken - AKA- Honey Mustard Chicken


I can remember the first time I had yellow chicken. I was a teenager and went to my sister Jen's house for dinner. Jen lived in the green house (this is what we called the house we grew up in because, well, it was green). Jen was newly married and would invite Carrie and I over for dinner quite often. She made us this dish and we LOVED it! For years after we would call Jen and ask her to make us "Yellow Chicken". Carrie and I were both young, single, and had no idea about cooking yet so we didn't grasp that it was honey mustard chicken. We just knew it was yellow and REALLY good. Anyway, now, years later I am married and love to make yellow chicken every once in a while. I hope you love it as much as we do!


chicken
1/4 cup mayonaise
6 tbsp. honey (add more according to your taste)
6 tbsp. mustard (add more according to your taste-we usually use about 9 tbsp mustard)
1 can cr. of chicken soup
1/2 can milk
salt and pepper to taste


Cook the chicken in a skillet, then transfer it to a plate
In the same pan you cooked the chicken, put in the rest of the ingredients.
Bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer for about five minutes, stir every now and then to keep it from sticking.
Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
Serve over rice.

No comments: