Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chicken Parmesan


This is the best chicken parmesan recipe I have ever had. I got the recipe from my trusty cookbook from Aunt Cheri. Make it tonight....it's yummy!

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts( I only make 4)
2 cups cornflakes crumbs
2 cups parmesan cheese
1/4 cup parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cube butter
2 eggs beaten

Mix cornflake crumbs and all seasonings together
Dip chicken in beaten eggs then roll in cornflake crumbs and parmesan cheese mixture
Place in a 9x13 pan greased with some butter
Melt 1 cube of butter in a bowl in the microwave and pour butter over chicken and sprinkle any remaining cornflake mixture over chicken
Cover and bake 375 degrees for 1 hour - uncover and bake till coating is crispy, 20-30 minutes

I make spagetti to serve along with this. I use the Prego Marinara sauce in a jar and put in on the spagetti and some on the chicken parmesan....tastes very similar to Olive Garden's chicken parmesan this way. Enjoy!

No comments: