Friday, August 8, 2008

Heath Bar Cake


Or better know as... "Better Than Sex Cake". When I was newly married I was working in a dental office and they would do recipe exchanges. They would all bring in their wonderful recipe's along with the food to try. It was very intimidating. I hated recipe exchange day. I hated the ladies. I quit pretty soon after. I didn't have very many recipes and poor Ryan would suffer through the stuff I tried to make. Mostly Costco frozen dinners or take-out. It was one of the best times of my life but I was young and not a very good cook. So, I moved on to beauty school and the only thing I took with me from the experience of working in that dental office was this recipe. I only knew it as "Heath Bar Cake". I would make it and people would say oh this tastes like "Better Than Sex"! I would think "Oh, that's a nice compliment!" It wasn't until just yesterday that my sister Jen asked me for the "Better Than Sex Cake" recipe that it occurred to me. It wasn't people giving me a compliment, this is what the Heath Bar Cake is nicknamed! I'm a little slow and it usually takes one of my sisters to help me sink things in but I finally put two and two together! So thanks Jen and here you go..


Better Than Sex Cake
German Chocolate Cake Mix
small can sweetened condensed milk
carmel topping
cool whip
2 Heath Bars
Bake cake as directed in 9x13 pan. While cake is still warm poke holes in it with a wooden spoon. Pour over cake sweetened milk. Warm in microwave carmel topping and pour over cake. Chill and top with Cool Whip and crushed Heath Bars.


No comments: